Coronavirus Update - We're here for You!
The staff and management team of First Shore Federal is fully focused on the health and safety of our customers, employees, vendors and the communities we serve.
First Shore Federal will temporarily restrict access to our branch lobby areas, beginning Monday, March 23, 2020. We are limiting banking services inside our offices to appointment only and will be increasing our drive-up teller window capabilities. Many in-branch transactions can now be completed in locations with drive-ups, with our current hours remaining in effect. For details on all of our branch locations, click here.
Enhanced Drive-Up Capabilities
The following transactions may now be processed through a drive-up window during normal branch hours:
- Cashier's Checks
- Outgoing Wire Transfers
- Bulk Coin Requests - please use the first drive-up lane next to the branch
- All Account Service requests
In addition to our Drive-Up window service, please consider our other services to manage your banking needs.
- Internet Banking - Provides access to check account balances, view account activity, transfer funds between accounts and transfer funds to pay a loan payment.
- Mobile Banking - Download our Mobile App and have access to Internet Banking right from your device
- ATMs - Visit one of our ATMs to obtain cash, make deposits, check balances and transfer funds
- VISA Debit Card - Consider using your VISA debit card instead of cash to limit the spread of germs
- Telephone Transfers - Call one of our branch offices to request a telephone transfer
- Check Orders - Visit our website to securely reorder checks
- Bank by Mail - Requests for Deposits and Withdrawal can be handled by US Postal Service along with Loan Payments
We have educated our employees on best practices to help minimize the spread of the virus, including frequent handwashing, staying at home when sick and self-quarantining after exposure or after traveling to CDC-designated Level 2 and 3 regions throughout the world.
Our financial institution has Business Continuity, Pandemic and Disaster Recovery plans that are in place to help guide us through unusual events. We test these plans regularly and have revisited them in light of the increasing presence of coronavirus.
We are paying particular attention to situations and areas where large groups gather. We have postponed our Annual Spring Shred events for April and have re-scheduled them in the fall.
As always, you can contact us by phone at 410-546-1101 to speak with any of our associates. Let’s all do our part to keep our communities as healthy as possible!